Shillong Teer is a traditional archery-based lottery game that is popular in the Indian state of Meghalaya, particularly in the capital city of Shillong. The game is unique in that it involves archers shooting arrows at a target, and the outcome of the game is determined by the number of arrows that hit the target.
Here’s how Shillong Teer typically works:
- Two Rounds: Shillong Teer Shillong Teer Common Numbers is usually played in two rounds each day, except on Sundays and holidays. The first round is known as the “First Round,” and the second round is called the “Second Round.”
- Target: In each round, a designated target is set up, which consists of a circular board with numbers from 1 to 99. This target is typically placed in a central location, and archers take turns shooting arrows at it.
- Archery: A group of skilled archers takes part in the game. They shoot a predetermined number of arrows at the target during each round.
- Results: After the archers have completed their shots in each round, the results are determined based on the number of arrows that hit the target. The last two digits of the total number of arrows hitting the target are considered the result for that round. For example, if 523 arrows hit the target, the result for that round would be 23.
- Betting: Shillong Teer is primarily a betting game. Players place bets on specific numbers or combinations of numbers for each round. The winning bets are determined based on the declared results.
- Payouts: The payouts for winning bets can vary depending on the specific rules and odds set by the Teer counter or the organizers. Different combinations and betting options offer different payout rates.
Shillong Teer is a popular and traditional form of entertainment in Meghalaya and is known for its unique blend of archery and lottery. It has gained a following both locally and beyond, with people participating in the game and placing bets based on their chosen numbers. The results are often declared in the evening, and players eagerly await the outcome to see if their bets have won.